Sunday, April 11, 2010

How well can Jentry keep up with a blog? We shall see!

Well, let's just see how I keep up with this blog! The last time I tried to keep a blog was in junior high on Xanga and it didn't work out too well for me. I guess I just don't have anything particularly interesting to write about. Granted there are the ditzy moments, awkward conversations and situations, and unfortunate mishaps, but aside from that, there really isn't much. Nevertheless, I'll see how this Blogspot goes!

I must admit that this weekend has been interesting. For the first time this semester I have had a weekend where I could do nothing and not feel guilty about it. The most productive thing I have done is work out and clean. I did get board at one point and decided to study for my Nutrition class. Interesting concept, I get board and decide to study? Oh well, at least I got something done. But, I have mostly watched House, Facebook stalked, and actually enjoyed a good fun-read book. It couldn't get much better than that.
Although, I will say that Friday night was eventful and an absolute blast! Probably the most fun I've had in a while. Sigma Phi Lambda had a mixer with BYX. The theme you ask? Mock rave. It was fantastic. On Thursday everyone splattered white T-shirts with neon acrylic paints and wore them on Friday night with a crazy getup. Some painted their faces and arms and others just wore brightly colored accessories that would show up well in the black lights. To be honest, I wasn't expecting the party to be as crazy as it was. Crazy good of course, but nevertheless crazy. When I walked into the house all I saw were stark white T-shirts and glow sticks jumping around in black light darkness. Had you been a stranger and walked in on the party, you would have thought it to be a real rave. Every lightbulb was converted to a black light or a strobe light, the music was- well just like you'd hear at a rave, todays songs with a techno party twist, and there was far too much food of course. I have to say it is so nice to go to a party that is clean and safe, no drugs, alcohol, or sex. It goes to show that you can have an awesome time with nothing but friends, music, black lights, and food! Kudos to Phi Lamb's new vice-presidant and BYX guys for the idea of a mock rave. I never would have imagined it to be as fun as it was, but I was wrong, it was a blast. If you ever get a chance to go to a mock rave, do it. I have to say it might not top Phi Lamb and BYX's version, but it'll be worth going to!
Now to end my weekend with dinner and bubble tea shared with a good friend. Bliss.





No comments:

Post a Comment